Desgn. & Office
Shri Suresh Kumar Sharma
Offg. SRM “I” Dn. Jalandhar
Shri Navin Chandar
ASP Bantvel Sub Division
Shri B.B. Mohanty
Offg. ADPS (Rectt.), % CPMG, Bhubaneshwar
Shri Vilas S. Ingale
ASP, New Mumbai Sub Division, Vashi 400703
Asst. Gen. Secretary-I
Shri Ram Vinay Sharma
ASP West Sub Dn Muzaffarpur
Asst. Gen. Secretary-II
Shri T.M. Krishnaswami
ASP (Vig.) %CPMG, Trivandrum
Asst. Gen. Secretary-III
Shri Y. Venkateswarulu
ASP, Siddipet Sub Division
Asst. Gen. Secretary-IV
Ms. Usha K.R.
ASP (HQ) Belgaum
Org. Gen. Secretary-I
Shri P. Jagatselvan
PM, St. Thomas Mount HO, Chennai 600016
Org. Gen. Secretary-II
Shri Nirmalya Mitra
ASP (DIV) South Presidency Division, Baruipur 700144.
Org. Gen. Secretary-III
Shri N.K. Soni
ASP, % CPMG, Bhopal
Org. Gen. Secretary-IV
Shri Shardendu Shekhar Srivastava
ASP(SB) o/o CPMG, Lucknow-226001.
Shri Santosh S. Kulkarni
ASP (Philately) % CPMG, Mumbai 400001
Shri L.N. Mahato
ASP Gariaband Sub Division.
Ms. Fideles Khonbri
ASP (HQ), Meghalaya Dn. Shillong
Shri M.D. Shukla
ASP (HQ) Bharuch
Shri Rohtas Singh
ASP Sub Div. Faridabad
Shri Lalit Joshi
ASP (Mails/Logistics) o/o CPMG, Dehradun.
Monday, January 30, 2012
List of new Office Bearers elected during the 37th AIC held on 28th & 29th January,2012 at Bengaluru (Karnataka)
37th Biennial All India Conference of AIAIP&ASP was held at Bengaluru on 28 & 29th of January 2012 and following office bearers are unanimously elected.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
I am writing this column for those who are desirous of collecting information under RTI and what should be the correct format to have information. As all of us know that, citizen has a right to seek such information from a public authority which is held by the public authority or which is held under its control. It is not open to a requester to ask, in the guise of seeking information, questions to the public authorities about the nature and quality of their actions. The RTI Act does not cast on the public authority any obligation to answer queries, to elicit answers to his questions with prefixes, such as, why, what, when and whether. As an applicant, we can only seek information as defined in Section 2 (f) either by pinpointing the file, document, paper or record, etc., or by mentioning the type of information as may be available with the specified public authority. We can, for example, ask for all records /Copy of decision taken/Copy of note sheets to implement certain orders. We can ask for copy of orders pertaining to implementation period as per law under the rule but not “What would be the further maximum reasonable time required to implement orders?” The definition of information cannot include within its fold answers to the question "which" that would be same thing as asking the reason for a justification for a particular thing. The public information authorities cannot expect to communicate to the citizen the reason why a certain thing was done or not done in the sense of a justification because the citizen makes a requisition about information. Justifications are matter within the domain of adjudicating authorities and cannot properly be classified as information." So I request all my friends that we should call for information under the ambit of RTI rules so that there would not have been any denial to the sought information by the Public Authority.
Source : IP/ASP Punjab blog
Posted by AIAIPASP at 9:47 PM
Friday, January 20, 2012
D.G. Posts F. No. 1-02/2012-PAP dated 17th January, 2012
The undersigned is directed to say that the issue of grant of Cycle Maintenance Allowance to Postmen without any limitations of distance of their beats has been under consideration of a Committee on special Allowance, headed by Shri Santosh Gauriar, Chief Postmaster General, Madhya Pradesh Circle.
2. The recommendations of the Committee have been examined in consultation with the Integrated Finance Wing of the Department and the Competent Authority is please to approve that all the postmen, who are utilizing cycles for delivery of mails, be granted Cycle Maintenance Allowance without any distance criteria, after due approval of the Divisional Heads concerned subject to satisfaction of prescribed conditions. This will be further subject to strict adherence to the instructions on rotation of postmen beats.
3. These orders shall take effect from the date of their issue.
4. This has been vetted by the Departmental IFW vide their Diary No. 20/FA/12/CS dated 17.1.2012.
Posted by AIAIPASP at 9:38 PM
D.G. Posts F. No. I-o2/2012-PAP dated 17th January, 2012
The undersigned is directed to say that the issue of granting full travelling and daily allowances to the Mail Overseers in this Department has been under consideration of a Committee on special Allowances, headed by Shri Santosh Gauriar, Chief Postmaster General, Madhya Pradesh Circle.
2. The recommendations of the Committee have been examined in consultation with the Integrated Finance Wing of the Department and the Competent Authority is pleased to accept the recommendations as below:
(i) The Mail Overseers will be entitled to normal Travelling and Daily allowances for their journeys beyond Eight Kilometers from their Headquarter Stations and reimbursement of Actual Travelling Expenses for their journeys with the sphere of Eight Kilometers from their Headquarter Stations, in accordance with the Fundamental and Supplementary Rules(Part-II TA Rules)
(ii) The existing Night Halt Allowance payable to the Mail Overseers is ordered to be withdrawn with immediate effect.
3. These orders shall take effect from the date of their issue. Expenditure on the TA and DA of the Mail Overseers shall be debited to the normal Travelling Allowance Expenditure Head of the concerned Units/Divisions and be met from their sanctioned grants.
4. This has been vetted by the Departmental IFW vide their Diary No. 21/FA/12/CS dated 17.1.2012.
Posted by AIAIPASP at 9:34 PM
Tenure Posting of officials in single handed & double handed post offices – Preventive Vigilance Measure.
D.G. Posts No. 8-4/2005-Inv dated 12th January, 2012.
Instructions were issued vide this letter of even No. dated 22.9.2005 to the effect that officials who have been posted as SPM /PA in single handed or double handed Post Offices irrespective of period of posting/completion of tenure should not be posted back to the same office after a break as is being done now. In other words officials of single handed and double handed post offices can have only one posting in such offices during their service period. The letter however vested powers personally with the CPMG/PMG for relaxation of the provisions only in respect of double handed post offices in a specific case if warranted by exceptional administrative exigencies.
2. For quite some time past, this office has been receiving reports/representations expressing difficulties faced in the implementation of these instructions in respect of single handed SOs. As such it has been decided that the powers of the CPMsG/PMsG for relaxation in respect of double handed SOs if warranted by exceptional administrative exigencies would be applicable in respect of single handed SOs also.
3. This issues with approval of Secretary (Posts).
Posted by AIAIPASP at 9:29 PM
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Fixation of Pay consequent upon 6th Pay Commission in cadres of Inspectors / PAs /AOs in Income Tax Dept.
Consequent upon the upgradation of pay recommended by sixth CPC as 6500-10500 to 7450-11500 with Grade Pay of Rs.4600, many dept. has done fixation as on 01.01.2006 with basic pay as Rs.7450 for these cadres. But as that is not mentioned in the DOPT order memo dated 13.01.2009 [only enhancement of Grade Pay from Rs.4200 to Rs.4600 is mentioned in the said order], Zonal A/Cs offices are insisting for recoveries where the minimum has been fixed as Rs.13860 [7450 X 1.86] + Grade Pay of Rs.4600.Recently I.T. Dept has issued an order to ZAO not to recover the amount as it is under "Active Consideration" of DOPT and most likely it will be granted.
View the I.T Dept. Order Dtd. 28.12.2011
Posted by AIAIPASP at 8:27 PM
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
38th Circle Conference of Odisha Circle Branch is reported to be held at Bhubaneswar on 15.01.2012. Sh. Sk Md Noman & Sh. Pitabasa Jena were elected as Circle President & Circle Secretary respectively. CHQ congratulates the new team and assures its full support.
Posted by AIAIPASP at 11:25 PM
I alongwith Sh. Jeet Ram, CHQ Treasurer & Sh. R. D. Sharma, Circle Secretary, Delhi attended 37th Circle Conference of UP Circle Branch at Vrindaban (Mathura) on 15.01.2012. Sh. Prabhakar Tripathi & Sh. Komal Singh were elected as Circle President & Circle Secretary respectively.
Posted by AIAIPASP at 11:10 PM
Reply given by Postal Directorate vide No.5-4/2008-PCC(RTI) Dated 12.01.2012 is reproduced below:
The information sought is provided as under:-
Please intimate what would be the further maximum reasonable time required to implement these orders since two months have passed.
Please intimate the present progress of this case.
Please intimate whether it will be implemented with effect from 01.01.2006 since these order have been allowed on the basis of recommendation of 6th CPC.
The information sought under serial No.1 &3 seeking the views and opinion of the CPIO Which is not permissible as per CIC decision No.525/IC(A)/2007 Dated 08.02.2007. However, in respect of serial 2, the issue is under examination of the Department.
Posted by AIAIPASP at 10:49 PM
Copy of Postal Directorate No. 33-1/2011-PE-II dated 17.01.2012 on the above subject is reproduced below:
The Competent Authority is pleased to constitute a committee as detailed below:
(i) Sh. Ashutosh Tripathi, CPMG, MP Circle - Chairman
(ii) Dr. Y.P. Rai, DDG (RB&Pig.) - Member
(iii) Sh. Salim Haque,DDG(P) - Member
(iv) Sh. V.P.Singh,DDG(Estt.) - Member
(v) Sh. Manish Sinha, DDG(PAF) - Member
(vi) Ms. Kalpana Rajsinghot, Director(Estt &DE)- Member Secretary
2. The terms of reference for this committee are:
· To revisit the norms for creation of new Postal Division and Regions as wee as upgradation of Class II Divisions into Class I Divisions.
· To study the feasibility of organizational restricting of fields formations (Circle and below) keeping in view the emerging needs for India Post in new socio-economic environment.
· Review of norms for upgradation of Post Offices.
· To study the feasibility of strengthening / creation of Postal Assistants/ Sorting Assistants posts in view of increased need of System Administrators.
· Any other relevant issue as may be assigned by the Competent Authority later.
3. The time period of this Committee to submit its recommendations is three months.
Asstt. Director General(Estt.)
Posted by AIAIPASP at 10:35 PM