|S.B.Mahapatra President Senior Postmaster (Retd) Bhubaneswar GPO Bhubaneswar 751001 Off:0674 -2390165 Res: 2391087 Mob: 09437190518 eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org||S. Samuel, M.A, B.L. General Secretary Assistant Director (RB) Postal Directorate New Delhi-110001 Off : 011-23036204 ( R) 011-23811333 Mob:09444144764, 09718641103 eMail: email@example.com||S.Ravi Treasurer Assistant Director (Legal) O/o The Chief PMG Chennai-600002 Res: Off: 044 - 28550145 044-22266630 Mob: 09444144440 eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
No.CHQ/IASP/SCPC dated: 25th December 2009
All Circle Secretaries & CHQ Office bearers
Sub: Letter writing campaign to DG Posts demanding Grade pay Rs 4600 to IPs –reg.
Immediately after the release of 6th CPC, Our Association demanded higher grade pay of Rs 4600 to IP, Rs 4800 to ASP and Rs 5400 to PS Group B. The matter is still pending with Anomaly Committee for more than one year. During discussion, concerned officers in the Postal Directorate assured that the Grade Pay would be revised upwardly as soon as the Grade Pay of analogous cadre in other ministries/departments is revised.
Now the grade pay of Inspectors of CBDT/CBEC and Assistants in CSS has been revised from Rs 4200 to Rs 4600 vide Ministry of Finance Memo. No. F.No. 1/1/2008-IC dt.13.11.2009 and 16.11.2009. Referring this, I have already submitted letter No. CHQ/IASP/SCPC dated 16.11.2009 to Postal Directorate demanding higher Grade Pay Rs 4600 to Inspector Posts and a reminder was issued on 14.12.2009 besides meeting personally and had discussion with Director General (Posts) and DDG(Estt). But the file is not moving in the expected speed.
Enough time has already been given. We cannot prolong our patience furthermore. It is the time to react. Each one of us has to exert pressure on the Department. Then only we can get justice.
Please go through the following instructions carefully and do it immediately:
(1) Every IP and ASP has to write a letter to DG individually with a copy to me.
(2) Text letter is given below. Take print out. Two copies should be prepared.
(a) One should be sent to the following address:
Ms. Radhika Doraiswamy, Director General, Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
(b) Another copy of this letter may be sent to the following address:
Shri. S.Samuel, General Secretary, AIAIASP, No.12, P&T Colony, Civil Lines, New Delhi-110054.
(3) All Circle Secretaries and CHQ Office bearers are requested to personally request all members both IP & ASPs to send this letter.
(4) All IP & ASPs are requested to pass on this message to all members and ensure that this letter is dispatched immediately as instructed above.
(5) The letter writing campaign should be completed by 10.1.2010 positively.
………… (PIN Code)
Department of Posts
Subject : Request for revision of Grade Pay of Inspector Posts from Rs 4200 to Rs 4600.
1. The Sixth Central Pay Commission has recommended merger of pre-revised pay scales of Rs.5500-9000 and Rs.6500- 10500 with a view to bring Inspector (Posts) on par with Inspectors and analogous posts in CBDT and CBEC as well as Assistants in CSS and this has also been accepted and implemented by the Govt. Accordingly, Inspector Posts have been placed in PB-2 with grade Pay of Rs 4200/- on par with Assistants in CSS/Inspectors and analogous posts in CBDT and CBEC w.e.f. 1.1.2006.
2. Now the Grade pay of Inspectors of CBDT/CBEC has been upwardly revised from Rs 4200 to Rs 4600 vide Ministry of Finance Memo. No. F.No. 1/1/2008-IC dt.13th November 2009.
3. The Grade Pay of Assistants in the Central Secretariat has also been upgraded from Rs 4200 to Rs 4600 vide Ministry of Finance Memo. No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 16th November 2009.
4. It is only in the fitness of things that the Grade Pay of Inspector Posts should be revised as Rs 4600/- on par with Inspectors in CBDT/CBEC and Assistant in CSS as demanded by our Association.
5. I request you to kindly intervene and cause revision of grade pay of Inspector posts from Rs 4200 to Rs 4600 on par with Inspector CBDT/CBEC and Assistant in CSS and restore ‘Equity and Parity’ and thus render justice.
General Secretary, AIAIASP
No.12, P&T Colony, Civil Lines