Friday, September 25, 2009
2. GDS Committee Report is coming for discussion before the Cabinet Committee today (17.9.2009) and the Committee is likely to nod its approval for implementation. Implementation orders may be issued any time within a week.
3. Central Working Committee Meeting under the Chairmanship of Shri.S.B.Mahapatra, our President was successfully held at Pushkar, Rajasthan on 01 & 02.8.09. A large number of members from 15 Circles participated in the deliberation. Minutes of the CWC is being issued separately. We submit our sincere thanks to Shri. Hari Prasad Sharma outgoing Circle Secretary Rajasthan (now promoted to Gr B) and Shir. Atma Ram ASP for their hard work and hospitality during CWC.
4. Circle Conference of Rajasthan also was held side by side at Pushkar on 02.8.09. Shri. Atma Ram ASP Ajmer R.O and Bhupendra Parashar IP(C) C.O Jaipur have been elected as Circle President and Circle Secretary respectively. We congratulate them for a successful tenure.
5. Delhi Circle will hold the next All India Conference at New Delhi during first week of April 2010. Exact dates of the Conference will be announced very soon. Reception Committee under the leadership of Shri. Roop Chand AGS, Shri. R.D.Sharma CS Delhi Circle and Shri. D.C.Sharma Secretary Reception Committee, 36th All India Conference is making elaborate arrangements for the successful conduct of the conference. Donation tickets are being despatched to all Circle Secretaries and CHQ Office bearers. All are requested to extend their full support and co-operation in raising fund the conference.
6. A new and peculiar problem has arisen in Maharashtra Circle. ASPs in Goa Region have been issued with Rotational Transfer order on completion of their normal tenure. The order was issued during May 2009. But till date the ASPs are not relieved to join their new posts on the plea that they have not achieved the BD target. Where ever we go, whether it is old post or new post targets are kept ready and waiting for us. It has become our bounden duty to achieve the target. But not relieving an IP or ASP on transfer on this ground is too much. Target can be achieved when the staff are happy. We depend on GDS to achieve any target. We cannot do business without their co-operation in the rural area. While pay and perks of regular employees have been enhanced, the poor GDS are left in lurch. Their long pending grievances regarding revision of their allowances are yet to be settled by the government. General Secretary called on DG Posts on 16.9.09 and brought this matter to the notice of DG. DG Posts was requested to settle the GDS problem first and also help to relieve the ASPs in Goa Region. DG assured to issue positive instructions to chief PMG.
7. Grade Pay of IP/ASP/PS Gr B is still pending with the Department. Some quarries have been raised by IFA. It is yet to be cleared by concerned Section. GS discussed the matter with DG Posts and Madam is in favour of our demand. GS will pursue further and exert pressure on this issue.
8. Circle Working Committee meeting of Tamil Nadu Circle will be held at Pollachi on 24th September 2009.
9. Circle Working Committee Meeting of Madhya Pradesh Circle will be held on 02 October 2009 at Hoshangabad.
10. A general body meeting has been arranged by Kerala Circle at Calicut on 03 October 2009. General Secretary will participate in the meeting.
11. Public Services International organized Workshop on “Trade Union Rights and use of ILO mechanism” at Ooty, Madurai & Thanjavur for the benefit of various trade unions of different public services in the state of Tamilnadu. From our Association 20 members participated.
12. Even after 20 years the Second Cadre Review was not implemented by the Department. A decision was taken in the CWC Pushkar to file two different Writ Petitions before Hon’ble High Court of Madras and Hon’ble High Court of Punjab and Haryana at Chandigarh by the respective Circle Branch of our Association. It is under preparation. Shri. P.R.Satyanarayanan our former President will help us.
S.Samuel General Secretary
Monday, September 21, 2009
Directorate declared results on 18.9.2009 vide Memo No. A-34O1 3/Ol /2OO9-DE. The examination was held on 5th, 6th and 7th November 2008 and the result declared after 10 months.
As per the result, out of 207 vacancies, only 93 candidates came successful in the merit list. 114 vacancies are still available (in other Circles) and only 108 candidates are qualified in the examination.
Summary of IPO candidates selected and surplus qualified:-
|Name of the Circle||No of Vacancies||No. Filled||Surplus candidates||Surplus Vacancies|
|Jammu & kashmir||3||-||-||3||1||-||-||1||-||-||-||-||2||-||-||2|
Sub : Payment of DA to Central Government employees - Revised rates effective from 1.7.2009
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry's Office Memorandum No 1(1)/(2009)-E-II (B) dated 13.3.2009, on the subject mentioned above and to state that the President is pleased to decide that the DA payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 22% to 27% w.e.f 1.7.2009.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3,4 and 5 of this Ministry;s OM No 1(3)/2008 -E-II (B) dated 29.8.2008, shall continued to be applicable while regulating DA under these orders.
3. The addtional installment of DA paybale under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. These orders shall also apply to all the Civilian employees paid from Defence Service Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Service Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the CAG of India.
Sd/. (R. Prem Anand), Under Secretary to the Government of India
Copy of Department of Posts Memo No 4-7/(MACPS)/2009-PCC dated 18.9.2009
Sub : Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees.
The Sixth Central Pay Commission vide Para 6.1.15 of its report has recommended Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS). The Government has considered the recommendatations of the Sixth Central Payh Commission on the Assured Career Progression and accepted the same with further modification to grant three financial upgradations under the revised Scheme at intervals of 10,20 and 30 years of continuous regular service and issued orders vide Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) OM No 35034/3/2008-Estt. (D) dated 19.5.2009. The Scheme is known as "MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME (MACPS) FOR THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES" and which has come into operation w.e.f. 01-09-2008.
2. This scheme is in supersession of previous ACP Scheme and clarifications issued there under. The scheme shall be applicable to all regularly appointed Group "A", "B", "C" Central Government Civilian Employees except officers of the Organised Group "A" service. The status of Group D employees cease and be treated as Group C. Multi-Skilled employees on their completion of prescribed training. Casual employees, including those granted 'temporary status' and employees appointed in the Central Government only on adhoc or contract basis shall not qualify for benefits under the aforesaid Scheme.
3. Department of Posts has its own scheme of Time Bound One Promotion (TBOP)/Biennial Cadre Review (BCR) for its employees. . Time Bound One Promotion was introduced w.e.f. 30.11.1983 vide letter No 31-26/83-PE.I dated 17/12/1983. Biennial Cadre Review was introduced w.e.f. 01.10.1991 vide Directorate Memo No 22-1/89-PE-1 dated 11.10.1991. The scheme was further extended to certain other categories of employees from different dates.
4. The scheme of TBOP introduced w.e.f 30.11.1983 and the BCR introduced w.e.f. 01.10.1991 and extended to other categories of staff on subsequent dates shall stand withdrawn w.e.f. 01-09-2008.
5. The postal Federations have given their consent for switching over to the MACPS. As regards drivers, they are governed by a structured promotion scheme & as the scheme is considered beneficial to this category of staff, the Postal Federations have requested to retain the existing structured scheme. It has been decided to continue to the existing structured promotion scheme for drivers.
6. On grant of financial upgradation under the scheme, there shall be no change in the designation, classification or higher status. However, financial and certain other benefits which are linked to the pay drawn by an employee such as HBA, Allotment of Government Accommodation shall be permitted.
7. The salient features of the MACP are given in Annexure- 1.
8. Before initiating action for placing the eligible employees under the MACPS, action may be taken to finalise all TBOP/BCR placements due for the period till 31.08.2008 by conducting meetings of Screening Committee and issuing necessary orders.
9. Screening Committees shall be constituted in each Division/Region/Circle to consider the cases of different levels for grant of financial upgradations under the MACP Scheme. The Screening Committees shall consist of Chairperson and two members. The members of the Committee shall comprise officers holding posts which are at least one level above the grade in which the MACP is to be considered and not below the rank of Under Secretary or equivalent in PB-3 with GP of Rs 6600/-. The Chairperson should generally be of a grade above the members of Committee. The Screening Committees should keep in view of the benchmark prescribed for financial upgradations.
10. The recommendations of the Screening Committee shall be placed before the DPS/Director Accounts Postal/Head of the Region/Circle or Organisation/competent authority as the case may be for approval.
11. In order to prevent undue strain on the administrative machinery, the Screening Committee shall follow a time-schedule and meet twice in a financial year - preferably in the first week of Januay and first week of July of a year for advance processing of the cases maturing in that half. Accordingly, cases meturing during the fist-half (April-September) of a particular financial year shall be taken up for consideration of the Screening Committee meeting in the first week of January. Similarly, the Screening Committee meeting in the first week of July of the financial year shall process the cases that would be maturing during the second-half (October-March) of the same finanancial year.
12. Any interpretation/clarification or doubt as to the scope and mearning of the provisions of MACPS given by the Dept of Personnel and Training (Est-D) will be further communicated by the Establishment Division of the Directorate. The Scheme would be operational w.e.f. 01.09.2008 and financial upgradations as per the provisions of the earlier ACP Scheme (of August, 1999)/TBOP/BCR Schemes of the Department of Posts would be granted till 31.08.2008
13. No stepping up of pay in the pay band or GP would be admissible with regard to junior getting more pay than the senior on account of pay fixation under MACP Scheme.
14. It is clarified that no past cases would be re-opened. Further, while implementng the MACP Scheme, the differences in pay scales on account of grant of financial upgradsation under the old ACP Scheme (of August 1999)/TBOP/BCR Schemes of Department of Posts and under the MACP Scheme within the same cadre shall not be construed as an anomoly.
15. It is requested that the OM may be circulated to all concerned and immediate action may be taken to complete the entire process as indicated in the OM.
16. This issues with concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vie their Dy. No 205/FA/09/CS dated 18.09.2009
Sd/. (A.K. Sharma), DDG (Establishment)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Copy of Dept of Personnel and Training Memo No.3101112/2006-Estt.(A) dated 9.9.2009
Subject:- Regulation of Journey by air while availing Leave Travel Concession - clarification regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's a.M. of even No. dated 27.7.2009 on the above subject and to say that consequent to issue of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M.No. 7(1) E.Coord/2009 dated 7/9/2009 on expenditure management the reimbursement of the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement, with immediate effect.Click here to see DOPT memo dated 9.9.2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Ministry of Finance, in OM No No. 7(1) E.Coord/2009 dated 7.9.2009 has issued following guidelines on expenditure management :-
10% Cut imposed in the non - plan expenditure under the following heads:-
(a) Domestic and Foreign Travel expenses. (b) Publications (c) Professional Services (d) Advertising and Publicity (e) Office expenses (f) POL (except for security related requirement) (g) Other administrative expenses
Remaining portin of non-plan expenditure will be subjected to a mandatory 5% cut excluding interest payments, repayment of debt, Defence Capital, Salaries, Pension and the Finance commission grants to the States.For details click here to see Finance Ministry OM dated 27.9.2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Copy of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions No. 142/20/2008- AVD I dated 25.7.2009
Subject: Grant of Honorarium to Inquiry Officers/ Presenting Officers
The undersigned is directed to refer to this department's OM no 134/4/99-AVD I dated 29th June 2001 and 7th April 2003 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the rates of honorarium payable to the IO//PO in the case of departmental inquiries were last revised vide OM dated 29th June 2001 in the case of serving Government Servants functioning as part time IO/PO and vide OM dated 7th April 2003 in the case of retired Govt Servants functioning as IO.
2. The existing rates of honorarium as prescribed in the aforesaid OM was reviewed in consultation with the Ministry of Finance. As a result of review, it has been decided to revise the existing rates of the honorarium, payable, to 10/PO. The rates of honorarium as revised are indicated in the table below:-
Revised Rates ( per inquiry)
|a) Inquiry Officer (Part time Serving Govt Servants)||Rs. 3000/-Maximum
Rs 1500/- Minimum
|b) Presenting Officer (Part time serving Govt. Servants)||Rs 1500/- Maximum
Rs 750/- Minimum
|c) Retired Government servants||Rs 9750 (lumpsum) plus Rs 1500 for every additional Charged officer|
3 The grant of revised rates of honorarium as above will be subject to the same conditions stipulated vide para 4 of this Department's OM No134/4/99-AVD-I dated 29th June 2001.
4, These orders will take effect from the date of issu~ and will also apply ro inquiries in progress.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of 'Finance, Department of Expenditure, vide their ID no 14(4)!2009-EII(B) 14,7.2009.